License: GPL Developed in .NET (Current estimate on running Open Dental on Linux or Mac is December 2006 using Mono) Open Dental web site
OpenDent to another server
- Make backup of existing files using the backup feature in the manage module. One of those USB Flash Drives work well.
- Install OD in new server. Be sure to install as Server (includes MySQL).
- Run OD on the new server and go to the Manage module. Select the backup/restore function.
- Restore from the backup.
Very easy. You could also do it by copying the database folder (Opendental) and the A-Z folders.
This is how it done
- Hardware. A new dual-head video card (or add another video card to your existing computer) and 2 monitors
- You know you can open 2 (or more) OD window by just clicking at OD icon one more time, then move that new OD window to the other monitor.
After build the installer when you try to install Open Dent in a clean PC you get the following error:
Microsoft .NET Framework Application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant.......... ...... ...... Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=.....' failed
Details: ************** Exception Text **************
System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=22.214.171.124, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.
at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) ...... at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
The action that failed was:
The type of the first permission that failed was:
The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
- You have to execute the installer from a local drive, See this page